Friday, June 19, 2009

another piece of the puzzle

Isn't it strange how we wait for certain, elaborate moments to be inspired and gain a bit more knowledge to keep us going on the path of self discovery but find ourselves in those moments completely unexpectedly?

It's completely fascinating at times how fast clouds can move which is a phenomenon that i had the opportunity to experience myself this afternoon. Sitting by a beautiful bit of nature, the pond by my sister's apartment seemed like the perfect place to just take a breather. There I am, sitting on the rocks, gazing out at the racing clouds while the perfectly motivating song comes on my mp3 player making me feel like I was in an unreal movie.

I was caught off guard when the clouds had perfectly parted to reveal a shining sun and immediately reached for the camera to capture this rare sight. Another pile of dark and funny shaped clouds passed by as I waited for the sun to peek through again and when it did, I again quickly snapped away trying to get the perfect picture. This is where my spontaneous, not as much of an epiphany as a late realization, occurred. This is what my life has been like, what all our lives have always been like. We wake up to rainy mornings never expecting the day to turn beautiful and when it does, the clouds that pass by hold our attention more than the sun that rarely comes through those clouds. Even when the light does decide to show itself, we get so excited about it and get caught up in dreading the coming clouds that we forget to bask in the glory and just enjoy it. The irony however, is that later in the day, the moments that you remember most aren't the long bouts of darkness but those few bursts of light, even if you didn't make the most of it.

As i have always greatly appreciated nature and the everlasting beauty it holds, it never failed to reach within me and touch the spot that lets me feel hope, love and most importantly appreciation for the life i have been blessed with. As of late however, it's been extremely difficult to regain that same emotion which is why i had a longing to make time to visit the graceful water. Though i had gained another piece of knowledge and had a useful realization, i still left without having been touched inside. That leads me to my second realization. Even though the sun may be there, doesn't necessarily guarantee an inner peace or happiness. It should however give us hope that if we are able to notice the sun behind those clouds, that we surely can one day feel again what we lack now.

No comments: