Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10/10/11 ----- Leicester, England

the whole Leicester crew :)
 Greetings from Leicester! I’m currently at my chacha (dad’s brother)’s place which is absolutely beautiful. It’s so different from London in the way that it’s a really relaxing atmosphere, very green and hilly, kind of like being in the country side. I’m so lucky to be at this house right now cos I’ve met cousins I hadn’t seen in ten years and it’s so great to actually know them personally rather than hear about them from my sister who’s been with them plenty of times. I’ve also gained two nephews a niece and for the first time have been called fui jaan!! It’s seriously the most amazing thing to be an aunt and I can’t wait till my own siblings have their kids now! They’re so fun to be around even though they have become my alarm clocks for the morning with how loud they can get lol! But I really don’t wanna think about leaving cos we’re already so attached to each other so let’s not talk about that yet. 

Other than that, we’ve had a great time so far just in the past two days we’ve been here. Gone to dinner with the whole family, spent time at home getting to know everybody better and being introduced to the show ‘west wing’. Apparently it’s an American show about the west wing of the white house and all that goes on in there but I had never heard of it before I came here – kind of ironic eh? Now since three of my cousins are going to be gone for the week to back to work and school in other cities, I have the rest of my time here to be with the kids, their mom and my aunt and uncle. 

I’m realizing that my whole trip is getting a great balance with having been so busy last week in London and Kent compared to being really relaxed over here. I think sometimes we get so caught up in wanting to see so many places during vacation that we forget to actually just chill and do absolutely nothing which to me, is seriously necessary once in a while :) Anyways, I don’t think there’ll be anything new to update on for the rest of this week but if anything does come up, you all will definitely know about it!

No comments: