Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10/7//11 ----- night with the london cousins

Funny Faces!!!
 Such a good, good night! Went to dinner at my aunt and uncle’s place and met a few cousins, some of whom I had kept in touch with through the years using Facebook and some of whom I hadn’t talked to ever. Basic result of the whole night: the one American (ahem) gets made fun of pretty much the entire time because of her accent and limited knowledge of British slang. But I’m quite proud of how many new words I  learned that night and also some from my time in Kent so I’m going to make a whole list right here to prove it :D 

Allow it/bun it – forget it
Creasing – laughing
Quid – pound
Chav – equivalent to a redneck
Wasteman – douche bag
Deep – being cold to someone
Motorway – freeway
Rank – disgusting
Bare – very
Ting – an annoying way of saying ‘thing’. I’ll never understand this one!
Chuffed – very happy. I learned this one from Yesser cos he was telling me how ‘chuffed’ he was to be talking to me :D 
That’s all I can remember for now! Will probably add more to this along the way :) Other than that though, spending time with those cousins was honestly really fun and I’m really happy I got the chance to hang out with them even if it was for only a few hours :)

No comments: